Friday, January 18, 2008

Dressing The Goddesses....


Today I met with two prospective Kitchen Goddesses, Mauricia and Zita. Both beautiful and smart girls living and working in San Antonio, they will wear the shoes and walk the path of our beloved 50's Kitchen Goddess. I am starting work in the next couple of days on Zita's beautiful dress, which I can't wait to create! I've got my vintage 50s patterns that I snagged this weekend at the fabric shop. (click on the image above to get a close-up) They all look so festive! The only thing missing from this is a platter of salami rolls!
I will be posting much more on our first two goddesses here shortly!
For your enjoyment, check out some of the 'spoken word' our girls will be sharing with you. This is based off a real article, printed in a 1954 home ec textbook, of which many of us have previously heard of, if, for no other reason than to laugh hysterically.
How To Be A Good Wife (quick excerpt--- you'll want to attend the opening to hear it all, spoken with gusto!)
Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal, on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed....

No comments: